October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Painting

This year I decided to paint a pumpkin instead of carving.

I started with a plain ol' pumpkin.


I picked up some garage sale stickers from Wal-Mart of two different sizes. I stuck them all over the pumpkin.

I also picked up some black spray paint. Just make sure it is indoor/outdoor. Then I went to town on the pumpkin.

**I will say - the circles didn't come out as clean as this picture looks. I think that my spray paint was not the best for the job. I had to do a lot of "cleaning up" of the circles with rubbing alcohol.
 It is a pretty awesome decoration. I admit that I am kinda scared to set it outside for fear it will start peeling.  Therefore, it makes for a great indoor decoration. And, the great thing about it not being carved is that it isn't  rotting in front of our eyes!

Have you been making any fall decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment