September 27, 2012

Gorgonzola Pasta & Green Beans

I had a little extra Gorgonzola cheese that I need to use up. I found this great recipe online. It was pretty good. I will say - you have to LOVE Gorgonzola cheese to like this!

This also was the first time that I ever cooked fresh green beans - crazy I know!


Ingredients

  • 8 ounces noodles
  • 3/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups light cream
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 large onion, chopped
  • 1 cup cooked green beans
  • Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup skim milk

Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions and rinse. Set aside.
  2. In a pan, heat butter over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in cream and skim milk, and heat until it's reduced by about half, or 10 minutes or so. Remove from heat and immediately stir in cheese, stirring until melted and the sauce is smooth.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the pasta and the green beans. Pour sauce over the pasta, mix so the noodles are covered and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment