May 7, 2010

The Crest - Continued

My first sketch of the crest was TERRIBLE. Last night was my second attempt. Let me show you what I am working with.... Keep in mind this is really about 2 inches tall and not as big as it is in the picture because the camera was really close to it.

This is the a hand drawn copy in 1936 of the original.

Last night was the second sketch, and it turned out pretty well. I ended up changing the font of the name slightly to be a little more "Old English" if you will. (Your eyes aren't fooling you, there aren't tops to the trees... that will only be filled in with paint.)

I started painting at about 9:00 last night. I was so excited to start! It has been 5 years since I painted.


This is as far as I got last night before I couldn't stay awake any longer. I am VERY pleased with how the last name turned out. I have lots to go though..

Tyler and I set out for another round of Tour de Tennessee this weekend in honor of Mother's Day. Wishing all the mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, etc. a Happy Mother's Day!
50 days! - ECM(F)

No comments:

Post a Comment