November 6, 2012

Race for the Cure - My First 5K

I forgot to post about my first time running a 5K!

So let's back up... if you remember correctly I had been training with the C25K program. 

Well, I fell off the bandwagon while we were in Alaska and never really got back on. I worked hard to at least still exercise and be active.

Unfortunately, the night before the race, Tyler fell off the back of his truck while helping his mom move. He injured his ankle pretty bad. He was supposed to be my running partner.

I decided that I was going to do it with a partner. I made sure to make myself a special 5K playlist on my iPod. Then, right before the race even started I realized it didn't sync correctly so I had no playlist.

Needless to say things weren't going to be as easy as I thought they were. But, I was determined. 

I also had heard they changed the route this year so that it wouldn't be a lot of hills. Well, as Chattanoogans know.. all Chattanooga is, is a bunch of hills. 

But, I completed it. I had to walk a couple times but for the most part I ran the whole thing. I can't say that I will be doing it again any time soon but it was on my list to complete!

Here is the photo Tyler took right as I was about to cross the finish line. 


1 comment: