August 22, 2011

The Story of Tom Kitten

When I was a little girl, my dad would read us Beatrix Potter books before bed. We had almost the complete set. One of my favorites was the story about Tom Kitten.

One night Tyler was bringing in the trash cans from the street when he looked down to find a cat laying on his feet purring. Tyler called me outside to see the cat. I immediately fell in love and named him Tom Kitten. I am usually not a cat person with the exception of a few that I have encountered but I really loved this cat. After checking with the neighbors, no one knew who he belonged to. While we were looking for the owners Tom Kitten disappeared.
A couples weeks passed and there appeared Tom Kitten in our yard again. He was skinnier than the last time we saw him. After begging Tyler if I could feed him, I went in to get some milk but when I came back out, he was gone again. The next thing I knew, I was in my (new) car looking for this cat. (I am still not sure what possessed me to do this.) After about 15 minutes, I found Tom Kitten on someone else's front porch. I realized he didn't need rescuing after all. But we still enjoy an occasional visit from him!

No comments:

Post a Comment