This post is long over due. Blame it on the fact that we are trying to open by June 10.
Yes, I know what you are thinking... How is that possible? That my friends is a whole different post so stay tuned.
Back to the counters....
You saw that the toppings counter was coming along nicely.
Once the frame was built, we moved it to its final destination. And, let me tell you, it was HEAVY. In order to prevent moving it again we just kept building on to it in its final location.
We added the ply wood on the outsides. And a vent on the end for the cool bar that will contain the fruits.After the toppings counter was finished we started on the register counter. Same basic structure but different shape. I think even Zach and Tyler were impressed with their new found skills.
Just to show you we like to have fun while we work, Zach and Tyler "trying out" the new counter with play money and sound effects such as "Cha-Ching!"
After only a few complications with the delivery of the counters we were quick to get them together.
Poor Tyler was the chosen one to attach them! Don't let the smile fool you. He called this his coffin several times during the process. Not to mention we were working on this at approximately midnight on a Friday night.
Counter tops - complete!
The front of the counters were to be covered in metal. I'll be the first to tell you that cutting metal isn't the easiest or one the more fun things I have ever done. SO glad that over.
We measured out the height of each piece.
Marked it with a chalk line and crossed our fingers it was straight when we got done cutting. And, believe it or not they were!
(Please note that the register counter is still missing it's counter top. The delivery people broke off a corner trying to get it in the door...but we eventually got a replacement!)
Another added feature to the counters were red rope lights.
I can't help but love how they turned out.