November 22, 2010

The Biltmore

Tyler and I decided to take a spontaneous trip to the Biltmore.
(I know all of you reading are asking yourselves.. Emily and spontaneous?!?.. But, believe me.. I did just fine!)

We set out after work on Friday and headed to North Carolina. Tyler did a wonderful job driving. I'm not gonna lie when I say that I fell asleep like normal- I almost think I have a problem.

We got up bright and early and set off to the Biltmore. We were scheduled to go in at the first available tour time. As part of our tickets we had the option of having the audio tour. Read - complete tourist fashion statement. Yes, you read correctly. We walked around for about 2 hours with giant headphones on and it was great. I must say that we learned so much more than if we had just walked around.
(This picture is just funny.. I caught Tyler right in the middle of a yawn.. and I laugh to myself EVERY time I look at it! haha!)
After we toured the house when went to another part of the estate called Deerpark where we had a lunch buffet Thanksgiving style.

And, everything was already decorated for Christmas! It was so much fun!
After lunch we headed to the gardens. Which of course were not really in bloom but the green house was wonderful!
Then we headed into the masses at the gift shop. People frantically looking at Christmas decorations in a tight space with a lot of people- isn't pretty. We grabbed a Biltmore ornament and was out the door!
Then we headed back to go ol' Chattanooga. We had a great time and it was the perfect little getaway trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment