August 16, 2010

Wedding Recap: The Reception

While Tyler and I traveled to the reception, we ask that the guest go ahead and eat! And, what great food we had!


Most of the stuff for the wedding I had done myself. I asked the photographer to make sure to capture the details of the day. It is nice to look back and see the fruits of my labor! I had designed the centerpieces. I collected each vases one by one & tied the ribbons.
I had designed my cake also. And, the napkins.

I made our cake topper.
Another favorite detail was our cake cutter. It had been used by my Aunt Janis and my Mother in their weddings. Their initials & date were engraved on the knife. Now, Tyler & my initials will be joining theirs!
My good friend Kristy Cordell made the groom's cake. It was FABULOUS! A good representation of Tyler if I do say so myself!
My Aunt Janis started this jar of wishes at my first bridal shower. It also came with us to each of our other pre-wedding events.
We also made our favors. Little bride & grooms filled with color matching M&Ms! My favorite!
We announced each of our wedding party.
Then, Tyler and I came out for our first dance to "My Girl." It was our first song we danced to on our first Valentine's Day together.

Then, my Dad and I danced to "In My Life" by the Beatles. The Beatles always make me think of my Dad so who else would we have danced to?
Tyler and his Mother danced to "Close to You" by the Carpenters. A song they used to sing together when he was little.
There was a special dedication to Tyler and his Nanny. They danced to "Stand By Me."
One of my favorite pictures: Tyler and I had just cut into the cake.... and it started falling apart! Our expressions say it all!
We fed each other cake... but were very nice about it!

Then we toasted with champagne!
There was lots of dancing.....
More dancing...
and more dancing...
As everyone knows, Tyler loves attention... I think he was at his peak at this moment.... :)
We visited with friends... from long and far, both new and old.
It was time for the garter toss! I had no idea he had this planned!
Priceless!
Jimmy caught it!
It was my turn to throw the bouquet to the single ladies!
We danced some more. And, our last dance was to "Save the Last Dance for Me."
Next Up: The Send Off!
-EMF

No comments:

Post a Comment