March 7, 2012

A lot can happen in 5 months...

It's true. I have dropped off the face of the Earth. Just in case you were wondering....

No, but really-I am sure you all were wondering what happened to me. Where do I even begin?

November:

I left my job at River City Company. It was bitter sweet but a much welcomed change. It was hard to leave some wonderful co-workers but the good news is they are only a few blocks away.

I accepted a job as the Coordinator of Programs & Events at UTC. It has been a complete change from my last job - in a good way. I love it. I am still working to completely figure everything out but I am a fast learner so I am catching on fast. In the first 2 weeks I pulled off 6 events!

Decemeber:

My best friend of 12 years, Laura Rannells, got married. I was honored to be one of her bridesmaids in her beautiful wedding in Nashville.




We hosted our 2nd Annual Forrest Christmas Party. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends in our life to share the holidays with.

Then we rang in the New Year with our good friends, The Shells.

January:

Tyler had his 24th birthday! We celebrated with dinner on Mont Eagle at High Point, an old house built for Al Capone.




My Mother-in-Law got married to her high school sweetheart, Jon. I was there as the official photographer and Tyler was the bride's man.



My grandmother, Ruby, turned 94. We celebrated as normal with the whole family at the retirement home. And, as Ruby said - the cake said she was only 49 from where she was sitting!



We met my sister, Sarah, in Lynchburg to tour the Jack Daniel's Distillery. It was one of the best tours I have ever been on. Sadly, I had no sense of smell/taste thanks to a good ol' sinus infection that I had for about 3 weeks.
February:

Tyler and I traveled to Nashville to attend a meeting of the UT Advocacy Council that Tyler was recently asked to serve on. Then we enjoyed Tyler's first hockey game ever.

The next day I left for Austin, TX to attend the North America Association of Commencement Officier (NAACO) Conference for 3 days. I even got to visit Austin City Limits, that I have watched since I was a little girl.
I attended the Women's Council Winter Meeting in Nashville. It was a great weekend. I can truly say that I enjoy spending time with such a powerful group of women at all different points in our lives that come together for one goal.

We celebrated another Valentine's Day together. We had a wonderful dinner at Porter's Steakhouse - a personal favorite. And, as always, Tyler knew the way to my heart- flowers!
That brings us to March!

Hopefully there isn't such a long break between this post and the next.

Until next time! Check back for past dated posts covering all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment