August 28, 2011

My Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed was my favorite uncle. The kind of uncle that would take you to the Krispy Kreme to get the donut with the most sprinkles while the rest of the cousins stayed back at Grandma's. He loved baseball, family history, and lecturing us on how terrible facebook really is.

After a tough fight with cancer, we lost my favorite uncle in April. He was to have the honor of being buried at Arlington National Cemetery in Washington D.C. however, due to the fact that active duty soldiers take priority, we had to wait until now to bury him officially.

It was a ceremony I will never forget.

He was carried from the chapel by six white horses.






Being honored by a gun salute





His flag being presented to my Aunt Janis.


Each member of our family placed a rose in his honor.

We all loved him so much. He will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful post to honor Uncle Ed. Very well written and pictures are tear jerking! <3 to all!

    ReplyDelete