July 12, 2011

The Unwanted Visitors

Lately we have had a bad problem with bugs in our house. To the point I was killing about a bug a day. Most of our trouble was with camel crickets - my absolute least favorite bug to date. This may or may not be due to a childhood scaring but we won't go into that right now.

There might have also been a few times that I sucked up a cricket that happened to have "hopped" out of the air vents while I was vacuuming.

(Please note that I didn't take this picture!)
After a quick call to our landlord she had the exterminator out here in a jiffy. After a routine spray of inside the house he wanted to spray outside and under the house. I went out with him to let him under the house.
His response as soon as he was under there.. "WOAH!" - words your never want to hear your exterminator say. He said that on average when he gets under a house there are 6 - 7 crickets. Under our house? 60 -70. And, a wolf spider the size of a half dollar.
Then he asked me if I wanted to come under there and see........................umm NO. That's why you are here. I've seen them... in my house. Thanks.
He sprayed and went on.. the amount of bugs decreased significantly. I was pleasantly surprised.
So imagine my surprise when I came home to this critter in my floor....
Yes, a lizard. A baby lizard at that.

We had just come in, Tyler was getting something out of the garage when he heard me scream when he came running. Tyler was just going to kill him. But I wouldn't let him. So, he picked it up with a paper towel and put him outside. He did play dead for a while before he perked back up which is when I went outside and took a picture of him. Once he was outside, he wasn't that bad. I just didn't want him in my house.

My guess is that he was there to eat all the bugs.. but who really knows.

Hopefully this is the last of the crazy creatures in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment