June 4, 2010

Crunch Time

Blame my lack of time for the lack of posts. Seeing as how the wedding is a very short 3 weeks away... it is down to the crunch time. I have never had to make so many decisions in a short period of time in my life. But, that's a whole different story.

Last weekend, Tyler and I took advantage of the Memorial Day weekend sales and bought our first bedroom suite!

One of two nightstands.
The mirror to go over the dresser.
The chest of drawers.
The dresser.
The headboard - foot board not pictured.
We are thrilled about it! Although we are working with pretty tight space, we have made it work. Our mattress will be in next week. I can't wait to put on our new sheets and AMAZING duvet we got!

I started my new job on Tuesday, June 1. I now have my own office and am loving it!

As many of you might know, Gerbera Daisies are the flower of choice for the wedding. Thinking to myself, that is pretty basic and easy. Not so much... my wonderful florist emailed me a list of daisies to choose from. Sadly, I only got it narrowed down to 3... What's your pick?

Last night Tyler and I set off to the DoubleTree for some finalizing of reception planning. I have never felt so important in my life. There were 3 people from the hotel and our DJ and his manager there. Anything and everything I said, they wrote it down. Questions were flying at me left and right. I am happy to say that things are coming together nicely and I am THRILLED!


They always say that a girl has dreamed about her wedding since she was little. I can't say that I have always known exactly what I wanted except for one thing. Color coordinated M&Ms. Random I know... call me a fat kid if you would like. BUT, for as long as I can remember I thought this was the coolest thing ever. I can distinctly remember in the 7th grade when they originally came out in packages that you could buy them by the color and I knew I would have them at my wedding. I have even gotten the M&Ms newsletter once a month since then. (10 years people!) And every month I coveted the beautiful candies. Well ladies and gentlemen, that time has come... I spent all last night mixing my M&Ms!
Aren't they wonderful!?!?!
As if things couldn't get any better..... this hotel confirmation arrived in my inbox.....

Our complimentary suite for the bride and groom... and the best part...

We are listed as Tyler & Emily Forrest!
This weekend I head to Nashville with some ladies to meet more ladies.... and PARTY! This weekend is the Bachelorette Party weekend! Stay tuned for a post on that to follow!
22 days! -ECM(F)

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of the action packed post! Lots to read about! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one on the left! As far as pink goes.

    ReplyDelete